- My old high school classmate Marcellus Hall has illustrated a children's book: “Because You are My Teacher.” Looks great. And timely.
- Nathaniel of Film Experience has a funny take on watching “The Avengers” on an airplane.
- Hollywood Elsewhere's Jeffrey Wells gives us the Telluride buzz. Up: “Argo,” “No,” “The Gatekeeper.” Down: “Hyde Park on Hudson.” Not surprised by this last.
- The Obamanator sits down to dinner and urges you to contribute to the Obama campaign. As do I. I'm down $1,000 now to Obama, which is a lot of money for the middle class, but the horror of the GOP, its lies and greed, are unmaking my country. They're making it into oligarchy. Someone cue Joe Henry's “Our Song.”
- The Obamanator also provides this link to Obama's top 50 accomplishments. On the list? Health care reform, stimulus, Wall Street reform. The end of the war in Iraq, the end of Osama bin Laden, the end of Gadaffi. Repeal of “Don't Ask, Don't Tell” and coming out in favor of gay marriage. An auto industry bailout that works. (Wasn't Clint in favor of that at Super Bowl time?) Unmentioned but at the top of my list? An intelligent, articulate man behind the presidential seal. I just like hearing him talk.
- A doc on Milos Forman, “What Doesn't Kill You,” played at SIFF last week but I missed it. Didn't even hear about it. Would've gone if I had. In my search to find it online, I came across its IMDb.com page, where, according to IMDb's algorithms, people who liked the doc also liked “Just Go With It,” starring Adam Sandler. Right. Thanks. Trailer's here.
- Dinesh D'Souza, creator of that Obama doc, on Bill Maher's show. Maher hands him his ass.
- Finally, here's this shot from Jeff Wells of Marion Cotillard at the Telluride Film Festival: natural lighting, hair up, little make-up. You know those STARS WITHOUT MAKEUP shots the tabloids like to run? That's basically Marion here ... and she looks more beautiful than ever. Hollywood Reporter's Scott Feinberg, next to her, has a right to be smiling that big, shit-eating grin of his.
Marion Cotillard and... why is someone else even in this picture?
You may bypass the ID fields and security question below if you log in before commenting.
Receive notification of further comments via e-mail