Friday January 08, 2021
Trump: The Reviews
- “He's a fucking moron.” — Rex Tillerson, Trump's Secretary of State
- “He's an idiot.” — John Kelly, Trump's Chief of Staff (who denied the comments)
- “A professional liar.” — Gary Cohn, Trump's Economic Adviser
- “Like an 11-year-old child.” — Steve Bannon, Trump Adviser
- “Trump is a batshit crazy person.” — Sean Hannity, Fox personality
- “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us.” — Gen. James Mattis, Trump's Secretary of Defense
- ”The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership. ... He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors. His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with white supremacists.“ — U.S. Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE)
These are all Republicans. And this was all last year. And they said this while he was in power. Imagine what they'll say after Jan. 20. Or after next week? Or later today? Because it's all unraveling for the worst person in the world.
Fallout from the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol that Trump orchestrated keeps growing: The U.S. House is drafting articles of impeachment against Trump; Twitter permanently banned him from its social platform; Apple has given the right-wing platform Parler 24 hours to moderate its site or else its app is no longer in the Apple Store; and ... I forget. It's hard to keep up.
Meanwhile, I keep wondering about the 90 minutes it took the Pentagon to respond to the Maryland governor's request to call out the National Guard. I want more on that.
But for today, we have this: