Friday September 01, 2023
The Good, The Bad, and the Known For
Another conversation with IMDb:
- Them: Who's Sergio Leone?
- Me: You mean “The Good, The Bad and the Ugly” guy?
- The ... what? No no no, I'm talking the “Once Upon a Time in America” guy.
- Oh sure, he directed that, too.
- DIRECTED? Leone's not known for DIRECTING. He's a WRITER!
- Really? I thought people thought of him as this great Spaghetti western director or something.
- Shows what you know. He only directed like nine things. And he wrote 16. Ergo, he's known for writing.
- And that other thing? “The Good, The Bad and the Whatever” you talked about? I don't know where you get your movie knowledge. “Duck, You Sucker!” Now that's the ticket.
- I guess?
- Believe you me.
As the great man said in better circumstances: And it just continues...