Lancelot Links: Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLIX Edition
- Is Marshawn Lynch the hardest man to tackle in NFL history? Joe Posnanski goes there.†(Or does he?)
- Mr. Lynch may annoy NFL officials and reporters, not to mention the opposition, but according to Grantland, everybody loves him.
- Tim Egan (Pac NW, NY Times writer) on the lesson learned from Obama's last two months and the Seahawks last game: Itís how you finish.†
- Some call it Deflategate, some call is Ballghazi. But stats cruncher Warren Sharp asks the question:†have the New England Patriots been deflating footballs in its favor since 2007? He crunches the numbers and comes up with “Holy crap!”
- The Daily Show weighs in on both Deflategate and the NFL's silly attempts to get Marshawn Lynch to talk. (Make sure you watch Patriots' booster John Hodgeman talk about the “score zone.”
- Conan O'Brien plays “Mortal Combat X” (as opposed to XLIX) with Marshawn and the Patriots' Rob Gronkowski. Love the moment the entrails come out and Marshawn just leaves. Also: “I feel your pain.”
- Via Jimmy Kimmel: Celebrities defend Tom Brady and the NE Patriots in Ballghazi.
- SNL tackles sexist Super Bowl ads. (Pretty funny.)
- The Seattle Times' Jerry Brewer asks, “Can the Hawks win two in a row when most Seattle teams haven't won one?”
- Want to relive two Sundays ago? From the onside kick to Jermaine Kearse.
- Sports Illustrated wanted Richard Sherman on its cover but he opted for the Legion of Boom. Here's the Q&A.†
- Finally, some regular season stats via ESPN: Patriots were 9th in the NFL in passing yards and 18th in rushing yards. On D, they were 17th and 9th against the pass and against the rush. And the Seahawks? Not great on the pass: 27th in the NFL. But they were 1st in offensive rushing yards, 3rd in defensive rushing yards, and 1st in defensive passing yards. #GoHawks!
Seattle lit up over the Hawks. Saw this last night coming home from the Olympic peninsula.