Lancelot Links Brings Back Sung Woo
- Dear Baseball Hall of Fame: Don't make Joe Posnanski angry. You won't like him when he's angry.
- Dear Yankee fans: Your tears of unfathomable sadness (after your one-and-out postseason) are delicious. Alright, so this was actually a classy post.
- But it's Roger Angell who has the metaphor for the Yankees' season; and it's from the 1937 classic “Lost Horizon.”
- Dear Rick Moranis: Please make movies again. Or TV shows. Or at least resurrect the forerunner of YouTube, Gerry Todd. Which you can now see on YouTube.
- Speaking of YouTube (and Vimeo): Nathaniel Rogers over at Film Experience has assembled the trailers for all 81 (minus one) best foreign-language film contenders. What can we fathom of the world from the 80? Among other things: War and its consequences, cultural barriers and how to overcome them, man's cruelty and women's beauty. And God's a jerk. And I'm only up to the D's.
- OK, this 30-for-30 short on Sung Woo, the biggest Royals fan in Asia, is just joyous. Also fascinating, in terms of cultural mores.
- Long read of the week: Margaret Talbot's profile of Sen. Bernie Sanders in The New Yorker. I might just have to vote for the man.