- My friend Sean Axmaker interviews writer-director David Ayer about what I consider the most underrated movie of the year.
- My friend Adam Wahlberg has a new digital book venture, Think Piece Publishing, which presents “singular voices on social issues.” MinnPost did a nice write-up here.
- This new venture made me think of the demise of Minnesota Law & Politics three years ago. Please read the comments section for an indication of how much Steve, Bill and Adam meant to the community.
- Hailing frequencies open! Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson talks with Nichelle Nichols. Nice work if you can get it.
- Le meilleur hôtel de France? TripAdvisor recommends three: one in Paris, one in Strasbourg, and one in Colroy-la-Roche.
- On YouTube, British film critic Mark Kermode runs down the 10 worst movies of 2012. Yeah, he's got “John Carter” on the list and shouldn't. It's also a list bookended by Brit films that have never and will never make it across the pond. Comedians worse than Adam Sandler in “That's My Boy” and “Jack and Jill”? Intriguing, actually.
- Why Bill Kristol sucks.
- Finally, I wrote about Earl Weaver a few days ago but here's the real deal: Roger Angell on everyone's favorite short, pugnacious, naked manager.
Hailing freakin' a.
You may bypass the ID fields and security question below if you log in before commenting.
Receive notification of further comments via e-mail
Twitter: @ErikLundegaardTweets by @ErikLundegaard