- My friend Craig Wright has a play on Broadway, “Grace,” starring Michael Shannon, Paul Rudd and Ed Asner. I think it originally debuted in 2006 in Chicago but it's playing now in New York. Are you near there? Go. Craig writes about what matters.
- Chris Orr at The Atlantic on what makes “The Avengers” good. Short, sharp piece.
- Really, baseball fans? Derek Jeter leads jersey sales for the third straight year? Have you no imaginations? Have you no sense of decency? At long last? Unmentioned is the fact that Ichiro's Yankees jersey placed third in less than half a season.
- Meanwhile, David Schoenfield (which I believe is a ballpark in New York upstate) imagines the 10 least popular jerseys. No. 1 on the hate parade? Playing for the Seattle Mariners, number 9...
- I don't know if I'll write about the first presidential debate or not. I missed it (as did, apparently, Pres. Obama), but from what I've read I agree with everything Paul Krugman says here. Mitt Romney is the car salesman who promises everything at no extra cost and no money down. Then you drive it out of the lot and the wheels come off. And the bill arrives.
- In the wake of positive unemployment numbers, Krugman also tells the GOP they can't handle the truth.
- My friend Ben almost gets into it with an anti-Obamaite at Costco. Fun!
- How Louis CK is turning TV into a Raymond Carver short story directed by (and starring) David Lynch.
- Why save PBS? These reasons, asshole.
- Finally, a little Sam Cooke to send you out. According to iTunes, I've listened to this song 158 times. It's No. 8 on my iTunes Hit Parade:
You may bypass the ID fields and security question below if you log in before commenting.
Receive notification of further comments via e-mail
Twitter: @ErikLundegaardTweets by @ErikLundegaard