Baseball Trivia: The Original 16 Teams and the World Series
Some trivia questions that arose out of a side-project on the history of the World Series.
(Answers in the comments section.)
- Which was the first MLB team to go to the World Series twice?
- Which was the first team to WIN the World Series twice?
- By the time the Boston Red Sox traded Babe Ruth in 1919, they had been to the World Series five times. How many had they won?
- Which was the last of the original 16 teams to go to the World Series?
- Which was the last of the original 16 to WIN the World Series?
- Of the original 16, how many teams went to the World Series before the Yankees?
- Of the original 16, two teams are currently tied for the fewest pennants: Who and how many?
- Five teams, including expansions teams, won the first two World Series they appeared in. Name them.
- Which was the first World Series that didnít include at least one of the original 16 franchises?
- The NY/SF Giants have the second-most pennants in MLB history: 20. That amounts to 18% of all possible NL pennants that could be won. The Yankees, of course, are far ahead of that percentage. To lower itself to only 18%, how many pennant-less seasons would the Yankees need to have? What year would it be before they could win another?