Tuesday July 26, 2016
10 Quick Thoughts on the Wonder Woman Trailer
- “You‘re a man.” Um, yeah. This is a little too close to the hot-but-innocent alien chick saying things like “What is love?” (See: TOS, “Gamesters of Triskelion”), but Gal Gadot saves it a little by stating it, and then Chris Pine helps with his comic response.
- But let’s face it: The origin of Wonder Woman, the Amazon island thing, was always fairly idiotic/boring and the movie doesn't seem to make it any smarter/more interesting.
- Chick with the cracked mask: “Boardwalk Empire” did it better.
- “I was brought to life by... ” Juice? Jews? Oh, Zeus. Whew.
- So why WWI instead of WWII? The argument from io9 is that her character becomes disgusted with humanity and stays away for 100 years, and the Great War was a bad war (resolving nothing), while WWII had a clear villain and absolute atrocities. Me, I think the Holocaust is reason enough to steer clear of humanity, but whatever. Do what you need to do.
- Her fighting scenes look good.
- “I can't let you do this.”/“What I do is not up to you.” Good line.
- Same with “I like her.”
- The muted grays: Zack Snyder's sucky pallette. Can't we ever get away from this, DC?
- Fingers crossed.
Tags: Wonder Woman, Trailers, Superhero Movies
What Trump Said When About COVID
Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
Blonde Crazy (1931)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (1935)
Something to Sing About (1937)
Angels with Dirty Faces (1938)
Come Fill the Cup (1951)
A Lion Is In the Streets (1953)
Man of a Thousand Faces (1957)
Never Steal Anything Small (1959)
Shake Hands With the Devil (1959)
Posts by Category